Welcome, Friends, to the Autumn Harvest – Fall Between the Pages Blog Hop! I’m thrilled to have you join me.
To make your blog hop experience even more enjoyable please follow these rules:
1) HAVE FUN!!!
2) INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!
3) THIS TOUR STARTS: Monday, September 19, at Midnight (Arizona Time)
THIS TOUR ENDS: Monday, September 26, at Midnight (Arizona Time)
Winners will be drawn and posted September 27th! ***
4) MEET AND MINGLE WITH ALL THE AUTHORS & BOOK PAGES! EXPERIENCE A NEW DESTINATION AT EVERY STOP! PARTICIPATE IN EVERY BLOG CONTEST AND BE ENTERED FOR CHANCES TO WIN MULTIPLE PRIZES! EVERY BLOG VISITED IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO WIN!!
5) PARTICIPATION AT ALL BLOGS IS RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. REMEMBER, THE MORE BLOGS YOU HOP, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING PRIZES. EVERY AUTHOR & BOOK PAGE IS WAITING TO MEET AND INTERACT WITH YOU, SO PLEASE BE SURE TO SHOW THEM SOME LOVE!
6) DID I MENTION TO HAVE FUN? WHOO! HOO!! HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOO!***Authors & Book Pages have full discretion to choose an alternate winner in the event any winner fails to claim their prize(s) within 72 hours of their name being posted or after notification of win, whichever comes first. Anyone who participates in this blog hop tour is subject to these rules***
For more fascinating fall reads, please visit other stops on our blog hop :http://enchantedmusebloghoptours.blogspot.com/2011/09/official-linky-list-for-autumn-harvest.html CONGRATULATIONS TO JULIE JANSEN AND MERA SAMPSON – YOU HAVE EACH WON A SIGNED COPY OF “MATCHING WITS WITH VENUS”. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED – I HOPE OUR PATHS CROSS AGAIN.
To win a prize from this blog, please leave me a comment with your e-mail address, telling me about the place you think you might find the most romantic inspiration. This hop I will be awarding two grand prize winners. Each winner will receive a signed copy of “Matching Wits With Venus”. So now that you know the easy rules, we’re off, to Paris, which is one of Cupid’s favorite destinations.
AUTUMN IN PARIS
Everyone knows the song “April in Paris”. But what about “Autumn in Paris”? Although there isn’t yet a song with this title, many travelers join Cupid in believing this is one of the most special seasons in the City of Lights. Why?
In part because of the light itself. Paris shimmers from the western edge of the Bois de Boulogne to the eastern Chateau de Vincennes with some of the loveliest sunsets you can imagine. The slant of the sun is what inspires Cupid to visit one of his favorite museums, the Orangerie. The Orangerie sits at the foot of the Tuileries Gardens, and features murals painted onto its basement walls by Claude Monet himself. But that’s not the only treasure found within this gem of a museum: there are also luscious works by Cezanne, Matisse, and Maillol, to name but a few of the artists Cupid wishes to emulate in his quest to win the heart of the fiery Hollywood matchmaker Amelia.
For centuries Cupid has longed to be more than Venus’s arrow boy. When he’s sent to eliminate “Happily Ever After by Amelia”, the matchmaking business threatening Venus’s status as the goddess of love, Cupid decides to steal Amelia’s methods and make his own matches. While spying on Amelia, Cupid accidentally shoots himself with his magical arrow and falls in love with her. But bereaved Amelia doesn’t believe in the existence of Roman gods, and she’s certainly not looking for romance. She’s too busy perfecting the patented personality profile that’s made her Hollywood’s favorite matchmaker.
Disguising himself as a mortal financial advisor, Cupid manages to break through Amelia’s guarded exterior. As their passion deepens so does Cupid’s guilt about deceiving Amelia. Cupid’s interference with Amelia’s life causes her business to falter, leads to a sterile spring that threatens the animal kingdom and shatters the longstanding peace between the Roman and Greek gods. With the fate of the natural and under worlds at stake, Cupid must decide whether to reveal his true identity and risk losing the chance to live happily ever after with Amelia.